Release notes for Pubcookie 3.2.0:
Subject: Pubcookie 3.2.0 Released
The Pubcookie team announces the release of version 3.2.0 of the Pubcookie
web single sign-on package. New downloads and documentation for the
Pubcookie login server and Apache module are available now on the project
Note: The Pubcookie 3.2.0 ISAPI filter will be released separately. Look
for an announcement in a couple of weeks.
Major changes include:
* Custom per-application login messages.
* New POST-based messaging between application servers and login server.
This feature replaces the Pubcookie 3.1 relay cgi.
* Keyserver support for wildcard certificates and Subject Alt Names.
* Keyserver support for working with certificates signed by untrusted
* Apache module improvements for cleaner request handling and better
compatibility with other modules.
For a thorough list of changes since the 3.1.1 release, see:
* The 3.2.0 login server is compatible with earlier versions of the
client software. Sites can upgrade their login server without having
to upgrade clients first.
* The 3.2.0 Apache module is compatible with earlier versions of the
login server. However, some new features in the 3.2.0 release do
require a 3.2.0 login server or keyserver.
* By default, the Pubcookie 3.2.0 login server disallows the use of
Pubcookie 3.1 relay cgis hosted on 3rd party servers. Review the
updated installation guides for further details.
Thanks to all the developers and others in the community for helping us
with this release.
University of Washington