There are many ways to contribute to the Pubcookie project. Here are some of the opportunities:
- Contribute requirements for the project roadmap. They should be based on real business needs that will
improve Pubcookie as a web SSO solution.
- Help with development. See HACKING.txt for coding style guidelines.
- Troubleshoot reported problems and provide patches or suggested fixes.
- Help answer questions on the mailing lists.
- Contribute to the project documentation.
2-Aug-2010 Update - The Pubcookie team is crafting a survey for the
community to provide feedback on the product and to inform project directions.
We are also converting the CVS repository over to SVN (slated for August 9),
and looking into a patch/rebuild of the ISAPI filter to correct session cookie problems.
Please post to one of the project mailing lists if you have use cases
or contributions you'd like to discuss.
Versioning & Compatibility
Pubcookie version numbers correspond with the common
major.minor.patch versioning convention.
Major version numbers refer to major compatibility issues, like cookie
format, protocol, and security methods. Minor version numbers refer to
new feature releases. Patch version numbers refer to minor feature
enhancements and bug-fix releases.
For example, you can safely assume that a version 3.2.0 login server is
compatible with version 3.3.0 modules, since they share the same major
version number. However, based on the minor version numbers, there may be
new features in the 3.3.0 modules that aren't supported by the slightly
older login server.